Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Resource Assistant on a 12 month contract, with a possibility of an extension. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following -Working Monday, Wednesday and Friday
This is a frontline service and is critical to service delivery for ASP in line with output spec the role of the resource unit - rostering officers/staff for duties and specific events and providing minimum cover. Recent national events have also increased demand on the unit to meet ASC's operational commitments.
- To check duty rosters to ensure that minimum cover is maintained in accordance with policy and regulations.
- To process abstractions/duty changes within policy criteria in the duty rosters and arrange backfills where required to maintain minimum cover. To authorise or reject requests for leave in line with ASP minimum staffing levels, giving valid reasons, notifying officers/staff in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To deal with requests for resources from Force, District or Department for pre -planned and spontaneous events, in accordance with policy and regulations.
- To monitor and maintain relevant computer inboxes and alert their appropriate line manager to any issues identified in a timely manner.
- To maintain the duty rostering system, advising District/ Department Resource Unit Manager/HR Manager of any structure changes or staff moves which require actioning.
- To monitor daily sickness absence and update rosters In accordance with policy and regulations, adjusting any duties/commitments as appropriate.
- To process Court Warnings and De-warnings, ensuring that officers/staff are notified in a timely and appropriate manner. To adjust duties to comply with policy and regulations.
- To allocate officers and staff to training courses and maintain attendance records and skill profiles, booking/liaising with trainers and HQ Training Dept as appropriate.
- To respond to all requests/queries in a professional and timely manner consulting with the Resource Manager, where appropriate.
- To check the accuracy of data transferred from one computer system to another, ensuring that any issues identified are dealt with appropriately.
- To provide admin support to the Resource Manager in the preparation and circulation of reports/stats.
- To assist the Resource Manager in building shift patterns, ensuring compliance with policy and regulations.
- Resource Asistant