Working closely with the business units (Audit, Tax and Advisory) and Human Resources, Resourcing ensures the effective utilisation and development of on and offshore resource. Its responsibilities range from workforce planning and headcount management to demand and supply management for client engagements.
The role of the RA is to work with the Senior Resource Advisor (SRA) to manage the resourcing and utilisation across Cambridge office to the benefit of our people and our clients.
The RA will work closely with the SRA within their allocated departments to understand the resourcing needs of the business. This will involve combining the management of the annual resource planning cycle of our recurring work with the proactive management of ad hoc resourcing requests for non-audit projects. In order to do this, they need to develop a good understanding of the client base of their respective departments, the pipeline of opportunities and the skills set of the client facing staff in order to make the right resourcing decisions in conjunction with the SRA.
- Assist with driving the year round planning process. This includes working closely with managers and senior managers within their respective departments to understand the resourcing requirements for their individual clients.
- Proactively monitor resourcing levels against client level budgets, challenging where resource requests exceed budgeted allocation.
- Understand client booking requirements in terms of complexity and the nature of the jobs, timing, skills requirement and link those with the client service staff skills set and preferences. Understand where there is flexibility in individual bookings.
- Manage the process around shortfalls (in conjunction with the SRA) - understand where the clashes are and how they can be resolved; challenge the requirements - staffing, timing etc. Proactively look for solutions by moving bookings around but still achieving appropriate level of support for our audit clients. Work as a team with other Resource Management Advisors and the Resourcing Manager to manage the shortfall position across National Markets Audit as a whole.
- Take responsibility for managing the Retain bookings to ensure that it accurately reflects our current resourcing positions and that is it is up to date for minimum of 6 months in advance.
- Actively participate in regular Resourcing meetings with the People Leaders/Sector leads and with the local Resourcing teams.
- Manage holiday requests in conjunction with the agreed policy, approving holiday where appropriate.
- Monitor sickness/absence level highlighting issues as appropriate.
- Monitor time sheet submission, challenging where appropriate on time charged to client or other codes.
- Manage on-boarding of all new joiners.
- Training - advising on training bookings, dealing with cancellations and issues as they arise; develop and promote an understanding of the training path requirements for all grades. Chase attendance on mandatory training courses.
- A strong administrative background - 3 years +
- Excellent personal effectiveness to deal with conflicts, express own ideas persuasively and creatively, obtain buy-in and influence decisions outcomes while managing the expectations of the business
- Good commercial awareness of the business issues that drive resourcing
- Understand our market to balance business goals against each individual's goals
- Confidence to challenge when necessary at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills to obtain resources for projects both at very short notice and in advance
- An excellent negotiator who is able to build relationships in a wider network
- Strong multi-tasking skills with excellent judgment to work within potentially competing demands.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Human Resources
- HR Assistant
- Resource Assistant