We are seeking a live-in Residential Warden to work at a Salisbury based property that boasts spectacular Cathedral views and a riverside garden. You would be responsible for providing maintenance to the property and garden.
This role is 35 hours a week but you will act as the first point of contact in an emergency outside of working hours. The accommodation is suitable for a couple and is offered rent free to the successful applicant.
As the Residential Warden, your duties will be to:
- Calling on residents once a day if they require it to make sure they are well and have no problems.
- Acting as first point of contact in an emergency.
- Carrying out maintenance of the property and upkeep of the grounds, speaking with agents for technical maintenance issues.
- Cleaning of internal stairs and hallways.
- The successful candidate will not be asked to provide care support, it is purely being on duty 9-5pm to check on residents and be on hand.
- Each resident owns their own property so they are responsible for internal maintenance etc.
To be a successful Residential Warden you will have the following skills and experience:
- CRB Check will be required
- Experience in a similar role an advantage
- Must reside full time at site
- Some experience of grounds maintenance/gardening preferred
- Good practical skills and able to carry out the following tasks - 1 acre of grass to cut, large hedges to trim, numerous flower beds to weed, etc
- Caring and trustworthy
- Good attention to detail and administrative skills
You are required to work 35 hours a week.
In return, the Residential Warden you will receive a salary of £14,250 per annum plus accommodation including generous council tax allowance, water and telephone line. You would be responsible for paying gas and electric and personal calls.