Caritas Mind are currently seeking up to 10 Residential Support Workers and 2 Senior Residential Support Workers for permanent full & part time roles based in the Kent area.
As one of the largest and longest-established charities supporting people with learning disabilities, they are able to invest their knowledge in their staff. They help them to develop the specialist skills and expertise needed to provide the kind of support we believe in, and they try to make sure they always have the time it takes to build trusted, caring relationships with the people and families they support.
Their services range from residential care and day opportunities to supported living/domiciliary care at home - from a few hours a week to 24 hours a day. They provide support that means people with learning disabilities can experience life to the full - from enjoyment, satisfaction and improved health to finding meaningful relationships or paid employment.
Support Worker - Person Specification
- Experience working with Learning Disabilities and/or Autisum
- Respectful of service users
- Articulate views with passion and understanding
- Communicate openly with people
- Are tolerant of people who have different views
- Have a positive outlook
Senior Support Worker - Person Specification
- NVQ Level 2 working towards level 3
- IT skills in using Microsoft Office/ SPARS/AssessNet/SPIRE/Email
- Being able to meet Hft's Driver Policy requirements and a willingness to drive client vehicles
- Experience of supervising staff
- PCAS practice leader or a willingness to train and subsequently carry out observations and provide feedback to teams
- A desire to support individuals to lead independent lives
For more information and a detailed job description please contact David at Caritas Mind