Are you looking for a long term rewarding career?
We have an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and motivated Residential Support Worker who is flexible and has a desire to make a difference to help young people develop skills to support and fulfil their life’s ambitions to work with our client who has this exciting opportunity.
Now, if this opportunity is something you simply can't pass up, please read on........
Residential Support Worker Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attending young people’s meetings and contributing to them
- Driving company vehicles
- Receiving training appropriate to role and maintaining an up to date training profile
- Taking responsibility for a small number of young people and ensuring that their needs are fully met
- Establishing relationships which young people perceive to be positive, warm and rewarding
- Providing advice, assistance and support on a 1:1 basis to enable young people to address past and present difficulties
- Providing emotional support at times of difficulty or stress
- Being ambitious for young people, helping them achieve their goals and optimise their potential
- Providing support for young people in their education and extra-curricular activities
- Keeping accurate records and providing written reports on young people for planning meetings, reviews or any other meetings as directed by the line manager
- Empowering young people and facilitating their active involvement in the decision making about their lives and future
- Acting as an advocate at meetings where the young person is the subject of discussion
- Encouraging the young person to develop links with the community, attend off-site activities and expand their personal social network
Residential Support Worker Minimum Requirements:
- Aged 21 or over
- Full driving licence with access to own transport
- Able to work on a shift pattern which includes sleep-ins
Residential Support Worker Desirable:
- NVQ Level 3 Children & Young People
- Experience of working within a residential environment
- Experience of working with young people that have social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties
£70 per sleep in
Closing date: Friday 17th April 2020
Interview: To be arranged as soon as possible
Contact: Sue at Job paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website
- Young People
- Residential Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'