Temp Residential Support Worker Needed for a Residential Home in and around the Lewes Area
Your new company
Are you passionate about helping to improve the lives of people with profound disabilities? We are looking for great temp/bank carers to join our team at a growing charity. The residential care worker role is integral in ensuring that disabled young adults receive the very best care by providing a reliable, person-centred service which promotes independence within the home. Committed and caring candidates will enjoy this varied and enjoyable role.
Own car with a clean licence is essential due to the location of the home.
Your new role
- Supporting individuals with caring and dignified personal care, including washing and dressing
- Assisting residents with their physiotherapy and hydrotherapy routine
- Helping residents to participate fully in their lives including going out on trips and other activities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You will need to communicate clearly with service users, their parents, colleagues, carers and external healthcare professionals
- You will be expected to lead by example and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
- Providing safe and supportive care including moving and handling of service users
What you'll need to succeed
You will require a caring, patient and helpful nature. Experience working within social care and/or with people with learning disabilities is essential. An enhanced DBS check will need to be completed before commencement of work, of which costs will be covered by Hays. A clean driving licence and your own transport and availability to cover a number shifts a month.
What you'll get in return
You will be paid a competitive wage, based on your experience and the responsibilities of the role. A full induction, training and ongoing support will be provided. In addition to this you will gain the opportunity to further your experience and skill-set within the social care sector in order to develop a rewarding and successful career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.