Your new company
Hays are excited to be working exclusively with this Children's Home. This organisation has grown from a small family run company to now supporting clients from all over the country and have been praised by commissioners and clients alike. The company's foundations were formed with passionate and positive staff and that has not changed from the beginning to now. This organisation is opening 2 new children's homes in Ipswich and are subsequently in need of multiple supported housing workers to join there vibrant and friendly team.
"We are a team who believe Every Intervention Matters"
Your new role
You will be working with children who have complex and challenging behaviours. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of an effective, needs led and personalised service.
As support staff you would be expected to deliver day to day interventions, promote the development of young people and you may also be delegated responsibilities such as:
- Devising time tables
- Completing activities or health and safety tasks where appropriate
The support worker would be required to ensure the smooth running of the shift, forming and implementing routines and ensuring young people are well fed and cared for in a positive environment.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum experience of 1 year within support work
- Positive and non-judgemental value base
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity to colleagues service users and all external personnel
- A knowledge of the Children Act and subsequent relevant legislation
- Demonstration of a commitment to supporting and motivating young people
- Willingness to manage household tasks
- Ability to work shifts including sleep-ins
- including weekends and bank holidays
- Experience of working with children or young people
- Full clean driving license and the use of a vehicle for business use
What you'll get in return
The client is offering a fantastic career for the successful candidate, they are proud to recruit internally for promotional opportunities which means it's a company you can work and stay with for a long time.
What is on offer:
- Competitive salary including (Sleep ins £25 per hour)
- Continuous Comprehensive training (with the ability to access and complete your NVQs)
- You will receive a free DBS
-Working hour rota provided in advance - 39 hours a week (3 shifts per week 8am - 11pm)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Archie now on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Support Worker
- Social care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job