Do you have experience of working with young people who have complex needs? Do you have the empathy, compassion, resilience and positive parenting skills required to help support young people to live independent lives? If so, this Residential Care Home is looking to recruit a dediated and enthusiastic Residential Support Worker to join its committed and developing team located in Sutton Coldfield.
The team supports young people aged between 10 - 16 who present a variety of complex needs. The right candidate needs to be flexible, adaptable and able to read situations and help young people make positive choices.
Residential Support Worker - Types of duties can be varied but are all centred on the young person and can include:
- Care Planning
- Liaising with external stakeholders and our own multi-disciplinary team
- Catering to the emotional needs of the young people
- Maintaining the home (cleaning, laundry and shopping etc.)
- Organising and facilitating social activities (outside of school)
- Meal Planning
- Transportation (Use of Company Car)
- Home management
The right candidate needs to be flexible, adaptable and able to read situations and help young people make positive choices.
Residential Support Worker - Skills/Qualifications required: :
- Have or working towards NVQ Level 3 or QCF
- A passion for working with children/young people
- At least 6 months experience of working with young people with complex needs
- Excellent communication skills and a good team player
- Strong determination to succeed
- Effective leadership and Management
- A willingness to learn
Residential Support Worker - Benefits
- £16-21K depending on experience
- Generous enhancements for Bank Holidays, Overtime and Sleep-ins
- 28 days annual leave
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free DBS application
The environment in the home is very therapeutic and the team is very friendly and supportive.
- Communication Skills
- Care Planning
- Stakeholder Engagement