Fancy a care position with no weekend working, excellent career progression opportunities and a fantastic working ethos? Then read on...
The Residential Support Worker Role: We are recruiting a Residential Support Worker to work within a school for young people with complex learning disabilities such as Asperger's and autism with associated challenging behaviours. The role is term-time only, comprising of 38 weeks per year (plus 10 inset days), and you will work a mixture of early and evening shifts from Monday to Friday. As a Residential Support Worker you will work under the guidance of senior staff to provide a safe and supportive environment to the service users. The role will involve exposure to challenging behaviours. You will work closely to all internal and external policy and procedure, showing a willingness to ensure the service meets Ofsted requirements and the National Minimum Standards.
Residential Support Worker Criteria:
- Relevant social care experience, ideally within a residential care setting
- Passionate about working with young people with learning disabilities
- Calm and composed when faced with behaviours that challenge
- Ability to work a mixture of morning and evening shifts
- Driving Licence due to rural location of the service
- Fantastic opportunity to work within a well-established, secure and reputable company
- No weekend or holiday working!
- Strong support structures from management staff
- Opportunity to develop to Senior Residential Support Worker roles and above
If this role sounds of interest to you please apply now with your CV and we will be in touch asap for an initial discussion.
- Social Care
- Residential Care
- Special Needs
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job