The home has easy access to Bradford which is a cultural diverse area to allow young people to be involved in the community. Both Bradford and Leeds are accessible by bus and train along with any of the Yorkshire towns also being easily accessible from the home.
The home provides care for both male /female young people, however will take into account the “mix” of young within the home at any one time and carry out initial impact assessments to ensure there was no conflict of interest in terms of each individual young person’s needs.
Must be over 21 or over
Level 3 Health and Social Care preferred but not essential
Experience working with young people would be advantageous.
No day is the same but you will:-
- Provide support and care to each individual
- Provide encouragement when getting ready for education
- Travel with the residents (Use of Company Car)
- Complete care planning
- Complete Task Sheets
- Complete Meal Preparation
- Organise and facilitate social activities
- Maintain the home (cleaning, laundry and shopping etc.)
- Maintain home management
- Liaise with external stakeholders and our own multi-disciplinary team
Inexperienced staff = £7.65 p/h
Post probation = £7.80 p/h
Qualified = £8.30 p/h
Sleep In rate £20.00 (subject to review)
Shift pattern – Typical 2-week Rota
Monday – 7.30 am – 7.30 am
Tuesday – Day Off
Wednesday – 7.30 am – 7.30 am
Thursday – 7.30 am – 11.00 pm
Friday – Day Off
Saturday – Day Off
Sunday – Day Off
Monday – Day off
Tuesday – 7.30 am – 7.30 am
Wednesday - Day off
Thursday – Day off
Friday – Day off
Saturday – Day off
Sunday – Day off
- This is an example of a 2-week Rota and will not be the actual Rota given to yourself. All staff have different Rota’s.
- You will have 1 in 3 weekends off potentially where possible
- You will be given your rota 6 weeks in advance according to the service as the young people may have medicals or school meetings to attend.
- Sleeps are equally divided between staff
You will need the following skills/qualifications:
- A passion for working with children
- Passionate about care and support
- Excellent communication skills and a good team player
- Engaging and fun
- A willingness to learn
5.6 weeks Annual Leave
Overtime (when available)
Employee discount scheme Free parking
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Career progression and CPD Monthly Supervision
Internal/external training on new initiatives
Requirements for DBS and reference checking will be undertaken in line with government regulations and safer recruitment best practice.
Whilst we endeavor to keep, the recruitment process as short as possible due to the nature of these important checks it may extend the processing time.
Who are we?
We are the Cambian group, the largest independent provider of care and education for children and young people. We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for and those who care for them. You will find that you are part of a close, supportive team, all focused on achieving the best outcome for everyone. The better we work together, the more we can help the people we care for achieve their personal best too.
Whether that is in terms of helping someone to achieve their personal potential or growing our reputation as provider of the best quality behavioural health services in the UK. We already have 27 Ofsted ‘Outstanding Provider’ Awards, join us and together we can achieve more.