Residential Support Worker in Wandsworth
Residential support Worker in Wandsworth
The Residential Support Worker will be working in a Residential Home that supports children and young people with Learning Difficulties/Behavioural challenges. You will be supporting in activities, education, life skills, health and emotional well-being of the young people in your care. Due to the needs of these young people, experience of working with vulnerable individuals in a residential setting is essential as well as a minimum of a NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
There are two shifts available, 7am-9am and 3pm-6pm. Successful candidates can choose whether they would like just mornings, just afternoons or both and can choose how many days a week they would like to work. The pay rate is £9.98 per hour.
A Residential Support Worker role will involve:
- Supporting children aged 8-18 in full time residential care
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Setting boundaries for children and young people that may display challenging or emotional behaviour, whilst developing a relationship built on mutual trust
- Residential Support Workers play a key role in contributing to the physical, social and emotional well-being, in order to provide a safe and nurturing atmosphere
- To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the homes policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful environment
Person Specification (Essential):
- Evidence of successfully working with young people
- Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Awareness of safeguarding young people
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- High degree of resilience
- Good communication skills
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role we offer:
- A competitive daily rate based on experience and training
- Access to our CPD and in-house training
- A dedicated consultant
- A great opportunity and full support
If you are experienced and you fit the requirements, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV or call and speak to Afsha. Alternatively, if you would like more information regarding this role, please email or give me a call on the number above.
Time Plan Education is a committed equal opportunities employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the disclosure and barring service.
- special needs
- special education needs
- residential support worker
- south west london
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"