Hourly Rate: £18,720 - £21,320 + Sleep Ins, Optional Overtime, & Benefits
Permanent - Full Time (40 hours per week)
Acorn Homes are looking for the right candidates to join our GOOD rated home in South Godstone, to encourage and motivate children, young people and young adults to develop life skills, and participate in a range of leisure activities, educational interests and social opportunities which offer positive challenges within a safe and structured environment.
We are looking for:
- Motivated and committed individuals, with a calm approach;
- Team players with the ability to work use their own initiative;
- Positive role model to the children and young people;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Someone that will be able to react calmly in stressful situations and deal with difficult and challenging behaviours.
If you feel that you can make a difference in their lives, you will need to:
- Be prepared to work early, late and night shifts (including sleepovers) on a rota basis.
- Be highly motivated to develop and maintain relationships with young people and their families and engage with local agencies and community.
- Carry out direct work with the residents including key-working and generally taking an active part in their daily lives and activities.
- Hold or be willing to achieve a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care with Children and Young People.
- Must beover the age of 21 (Employer has claimed an exemption under the Equality Act 2010)
- We advise that you drive due to the location of the home, but this is not essential.
We look forward to hearing from you
Acorn Group are committed to ensuring the safety of our young people is upheld at all times, therefore all positions require an enhanced disclosure and satisfactory references. As an employee of Acorn Group it will be expected that you demonstrate the same commitment, by following our policies and procedures, as well as attending all mandatory training.
Interested in the post? What we can offer you:
- Member of Perk box, upon competition of probation, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare vouchers, reduced cinema tickets, discounted shops, free taste card, free phone insurance, free coffee, etc...
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Enrolment onto the Updating Service at the cost of the employer
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training expense met by employer
- Christmas Party expense covered
- Pension Scheme
- 1 Sleep in Duty a week will earn you an extra £1,560 per annum on top of your salary.
- Optional overtime and extra Sleep ins available.
- 28 days Holiday (inc Bank Holidays), additional holiday for loyalty to the company
Want to know more? Company Information
Acorn Homes is a family owned company established in 2011. We are a thriving expanding company with an edge. We have Children’s homes, 16+ provisions, Schools, and our own health and wellbeing team that complements our services.
The Young People that are placed in our care will usually have a long history of social services intervention and will have already experienced multiple, failed placements. We cater for severely emotionally and behaviourally disturbed Young People whose challenging behaviours preclude fostering. However, we utilise sports science, activities and our own health & wellbeing service to achieve excellence in outcomes for young people in their care. We are very proud of our current homes success, with recent Ofsted inspections specified a Good standard throughout with one home achieving Outstanding.