Excellent opportunity for a Residential Support Worker to join a 3 bed children's home in East Birmingham (near Solihull). We are looking for ambitious candidates that are looking to join a leading care and education provider for children and young people with EBD.
This is a full-time opportunity and we are looking for self-motivated individuals with a genuine desire and passion to support young people. The provider specialises in working with young people aged 11-18 years who have suffered early life trauma, neglect or abuse and as a result have emotional, behavioural difficulties.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide a caring, safe, secure and accepting environment that meets the physical, health, social needs and rights of the young people.
- Assist in the compilation and execution of a comprehension timetable of activity to enhance the quality of life
- Developing and maintaining a good level of awareness of child protection issues, assessing and recording risk. Completing accurate and up to date records of the work undertaken and completing written reports
- Learn about service user's individual needs and requirements and to take responsibility for the promotion of safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people
- A passion and commitment towards working with children and young people
-Full UK Manual Driving Licence (must be held for 3 years +)
- Experience of working with a client group that display challenging behaviour
Benefits to you:
- Full training and further qualifications, to include QCF Level 3 Working with Children and Young People (if not already held)
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Join a fantastic person centred team
- Salary £15,800-£16,800 + sleep-in allowance (approx. £3,000-£4,000 pa) + additional over-time rate
If you would like to work for a professional and passionate company who has the interests of their service users and employees at heart and have your own personal passion and drive to make the difference to the lives of children and young people, then please apply today! For a full job description or to discuss in further detail please call Chatley Resourcing
- Child Protection
- Social Care
- Young People
- Youth Work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job