To provide a support service to help, guide and assist young people in developing the skills needed to move onto their permanent and independent living accommodation in the community.Job Responsibilities and duties
- To maintain accurate and up to date files according to agreed policies
- To, at all times offer a friendly, professional and positive response to young people receiving a service, as well as to all enquires in general
- Meet with appointed supervisor for supervision and give priority to supervision sessions.
- Work effectively on your own, using your own initiative.
- To be aware of and comply with all Homescope management policies and procedures.
- To contribute to the smooth running of the team by taking part in team duties and organisational and administrative systems as required
- To work as part of a team to ensure that the organisation meets, as effectively and efficiently as possible, the needs of the Young People.
- To ensure a positive profile for the organisation in its dealings with the public, service users and external agencies (e.g. Social Services)
- On a day to day basis, balance competing priorities and manage the issues surrounding young people using a practical, common sense approach
- Ensure that the needs of young people are met within the scope of the elements of service provision.
- Visit each young person in their own home and deliver planned sessions of support as required.
- To attend staff meetings, training days, reviews for young people and other appropriate meetings.
- Keep regular and accurate records on all young people
- To carry out general tasks that may arise from time to time within the office or within the young person’s home
- To liase with other agencies and professionals as required
- To assist young people to make the maximum and most appropriate use of community resources available in relation to their individual needs.
- To act as an advocate to Young People providing advice, support and guidance as appropriate.
- Independent Living
- Young People