Do you have experience of leading a team of support workers or have the ability to do this?
Are you looking for a full time position?
Are you looking for more responsibility or the opportunity to take a management position?
An exciting full time opportunity has arisen to work in a children's residential setting as a shift manager. If you are naturally caring and have the relevant experience and education we would like to hear from you.
About The Role
- To model best practice approaches and support staff and managers through significant challenging episodes with young people.
- To directly line manage the Support Workers.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people at all times.
- To work directly with the young people, role modelling and leading the shift on that house, during care times.
- To complete medication duties when needed.
- Through good supervision and line management support the Shift Manager and ensure that all staff are kept fully aware of policy and practice pertinent to the smooth running of the home.
Take appropriate action to ensure there is sufficient staff on duty by managing rotas in a way that supports the needs of the young people and supports staff to maintain the efficient safe running of the home.
- Clearly communicate such information as is required to enable the staff team to effectively carry out their duties.
- Contribute to and support reviews and reports. Liaise with external agencies and relevant care professionals.
- Attendance at relevant meetings as required.
- Comply at all times with the companies Standard Operating Procedures, Staff Handbook & Policy documents.
- Through dynamic interaction with young people and staff the Shift manager will be expected to engage fully in the life of the home. This will require the Shift manager to lead the shift team and by example promote good childcare skills and positive interaction with young people.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times through appropriate conduct, behaviour and dress code.
- Support the development needs of the staff team by the use of an appropriate supervision model that encourages personal development and training, both 'in-house’ and through external courses.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required or become necessary from time to time to ensure the good management of the home.
- To participate in training to improve skills and knowledge relevant to the needs of the post.
- You will be jointly responsible for the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults in our care, it is a requirement of this role that you adhere to all relevant safeguarding policies and procedure
About the Client
Our client is an SEN Ofsted Graded 'Good' residential school and home which provides education and residential care for young people with complex needs age 8-18. They are currently recruiting a full time shift manager to join their committed team.
Benefits of working with SEN Central
* Dedicated consultant who will work with you to achieve your ideal role
* Join an agency where you feel valued, you are not a number, we care about what we do and work hard to find you employment
* Specialist SEN roles in schools, voluntary and independent settings
* Develop yourself with ongoing CPD training
About SEN Central
SEN Central is a specialist recruitment agency which specialises in SEND staffing for educational, voluntary and independent settings. We provide SEND staffing for temporary, long term and permanent positions. Our areas of expertise are; support roles, teachers, specialist roles and leadership. Our service works in partnership with our candidates and clients equally to ensure that you receive the best service levels and experience.
SEN Central Limited is acting as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Please note that prior to any offer of work all candidates will be subject to full vetting in line with DFE safer recruitment guidelines to confirm your suitability to work with children and young people.
- learning support assistant
- SEN Teaching assistant