Residential Scheme Manager
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
Residential Scheme Manager
£17,493 per annum (rising to £18,566 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
A 1 bedroom flat, including water rates, is provided rent free
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have a challenging yet rewarding opportunity for a Residential Scheme Manager to work at the centre of our Homeownership Management Team based in Birmingham. You will be part of a small team, primarily working independently, with a focus on building and maintaining on-going and trusting relationships with residents. You will be responsible for providing support to homeowners, setting service charges and delivering a quality housing management service. If you are highly motivated, compassionate and enjoy working with people, this could be the role for you.
The role of Residential Scheme Manager will include:
- Monitoring residents’ well-being and care packages to ensure appropriate support is provided
- Supervising contractors on site; reporting any repairs to maintenance and following through to completion
- Engaging with residents concerning a range of queries/complaints and offering advice and guidance
- Undertaking compliance checks and scheme inspections
- Carrying out health and safety checks of communal areas and monitoring security of the scheme
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working with older people within a support capacity is essential
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Previous experience working as a scheme manager or warden is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to organise/prioritise multiple workloads effectively
- Specialist housing knowledge would be advantageous but is by no means essential
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), or similar
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 28 June 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"