Residential Property Paralegal
Manchester City Centre
Salary: £19,000 + 5% Bonus and Excellent benefits
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm
My client, a leading and well-respected Manchester law firm is seeking an experienced Residential Property Paralegal. You will be working under the guidance and supervision of our client's Residential Property Partners.
- Assisting a solicitor with caseloads of residential sales and developer plot sales from instruction by the client to completion with potential for assisting in purchase and refinance transactions
- Updating solicitors and/or partners in the team on progression of all matters on a regular basis
- Drafting and amending relevant documents, i.e. Contracts, Transfer Deeds
- Undertaking various searches for each property and check the results of the searches for any adverse information
- Completing all relevant checklists
- Ensuring that requisite documents are signed on completion, i.e. legal charge, declaration of mortgagee(s), transfer deeds
- Attending to post completion formalities, undertaking all registrations and dealing with any issues raised as a result
- General administration, i.e. photocopying and filing
- Opening and closing files on Case Manager and ensuring that the paper file is also opened or closed
- Anti-Money Laundering checks to include checking on our client's database if already a current client or if new client; requesting the relevant identification by sending a letter or telephone call asking for the information
- Chasing up clients, lenders and other solicitors to ensure progression of each matter and that deadlines are met by using the electronic diary
- On occasions, helping the Registrations Department with post completion of files on all matters in the Commercial Property department
- Responsible for own time recording
- Preparing bills and completion statements, using the client ledgers on the Case Management System
You should be an experienced conveyancing paralegal used to working in a busy department. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Manchester law firm and work with a great group of people!
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV, however, preference will be given to those who then follow up with a phone call.
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment - Employment Agency
- Residential Property