An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Marston Properties, a family owned property investment and development company established in 1895. The company’s success and longevity are testament to their ability to build strong, long lasting relationships. This is achieved by their passion for core values of respect, honesty and compassion; to employees, tenants, suppliers and the wider community.
We are looking for a Lettings Co-ordinator to join the residential lettings team. This varied role encompasses customer service, administration, marketing and analysis. This is a fantastic role for an energetic, confident candidate with a background in administration that enjoys responsibility; who is looking for a bit more variation in their working day and the next step in their career.
Role & Responsibilities
- Letting flats through property viewings with potential tenants.
- Marketing the properties through our website, other third party property search websites and working with estate agents.
- Finding & vetting tenants.
- Being the main contact for Marston Properties residential tenants.
- Researching and understanding the property market, obtaining up to date rent comparables for new lets. Keeping properties occupied at market rent levels.
- Arranging for property inventories to be carried out by an external company, keeping inventories up to date.
- Carrying out property hand-overs and sharer inspections.
- Departmental reporting including providing information for KPI updates and distributing weekly letting update list. Preparing letting status report for monthly management meeting.
- Protecting, unprotecting and issuing prescribed information in relation to deposits and ensuring new deposits and renewals are submitted.
- Counter charging tenants' repairs and deposit returns.
- Ensuring all properties for rental have an EPC certificate and keeping register up to date.
- Providing references for previous tenants.
- Keeping up to date with new tenancy laws, landlord accreditation, changes on the Deposit Protection Service and MyDeposit websites, regulated tenancies/benefit changes and regulations re buildings & contents.
- Working with the Residential Lettings Administrator and Office Administrator to ensure proper records, agreements and archives are kept.
- Thorough word processing skills essential - Microsoft Word and Excel
- Full clean driving license
- Open and warm persona
- Confident polite manner
- Customer orientated
- Well organised with good attention to detail
- Good time management, Self-motivated
- Good communicator
- Team Player
A background in the property sector is non-essential. Full training will be given on our internal processes and software packages.
On occasion you may be required to attend property viewings out of office hours. You will be granted time off in lieu as appropriate.
- Customer Service
- Organisational Skills
- Multi Tasking