Job Title: Residential Gap Student
Location: West Sussex
Job type: Contract, Full time
The company is a co-educational independent preparatory school offering both day and weekly boarding education for children aged 2½ - 13 years, in a caring Christian family atmosphere. They are looking for a Residential Gap Student with an interest in Science, Design Technology and Art (Fixed Term 01/09/2018 to 05/07/2019)
Main Purpose of role:
- To assist with general duties in the school
- To help with the general running of the Boarding Department
- To communicate positively with parents and colleagues.
- To be a proactive and committed member of the School
- To take responsibility for other tasks in and around the school
As a Residential Gap Student the Key Responsibilities are:
Prep School Duties
- Classroom support
- Break time supervision duty
- Assisting with school events or trips (including residential trips away from school) Assisting with after school events including parents' evenings and plays where necessary
- Assisting in sports, including fixtures against other schools
- Fully support the extra-curricular life of the School, which is likely to involve leading sports teams, leadership activities and clubs
- Assisting with general office duties eg. Assisting with mail outs, filing, photocopying, shredding etc.
- Assisting with morning and afternoon Registration
- Help with the general running of the Boarding Department.
- Help take responsibility for boarders under the direction of the Head of Boarding.
- Help with the domestic side of boarding life
- Participate in the general day to day activities of the school as a whole and undertake a share of the staff duties. All staff are expected to attend, Open Days and Training days as required by the Headmaster.
- Assist in various sections of the school as guided by gap Coordinator (Be available for some weekend and evening commitments; Eat all meals with the children as available).
- Reflect the school's ethos when dealing with parents, children and the local community.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and flexibility, contributing to the wider curriculum through games and activities and the life of the community as appropriate.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children in the School.
Standards and Quality Assurance:
- A suitable person to work with children under the terms of the Children Act and other relevant legislation.
- Support the aims and ethos of the school, and contribute to and support the spiritual side of school life.
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
- Uphold the School's behaviour code and uniform rules.
- Participate in INSET and undertake appropriate further training as part of the professional development programme.
- Attend team and staff meetings.
- At least three days before term starts should be kept available for preparation and Inset sessions.
To be successful in the role you will have/be:
- A good standard of education to include Maths and English to GCSE grade C or above
- Good IT skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents.
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Resilient under pressure.
- Able to deal sensitively with people.
- Positive, enthusiastic and motivated approach.
- Appropriate attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline.
The Company Offers:
- School meals during term times (Free)
The appointment is for a fixed term from 01/09/2018 to 05/07/2019
The first term of the appointment will be probationary and subject to one week's notice in writing on either side.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Graduate, Gap Year, Trainee, Junior, Education, Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Worker, Assistant Teacher, LSA, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Teaching Support Assistant, SEN Support, Teaching Assistant, SEN Assistant, Learning Difficulties, SEN Teacher, Support Worker, Learning Assistant will be considered for this role.
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Assistant Teacher
- Learning Support Worker
- SEN Support
- Teaching Support Assistant
- Gap Year
- SEN Assistant.