Residential Conveyancing Paralegal - 2 Year Contract
This well-established Legal 500 practice are looking to recruit a Paralegal to join their highly regarded Residential Property team. To provide support and assist two fee-earners in a busy role covering general administration on transactions. It is preferred that the applicant has a minimum of 6 - 12 months conveyancing experience. This is for a two-year contract.
- Assisting fee earners with high value residential property matters.
- Assisting with new client enquiries and requesting clients' ID
- Pre-exchange - requesting pre-assignment packs on leaseholds, and mortgage redemption statements
- Post-exchange - requesting final mortgage redemption statements and service charge statements
- Completion - assisting in completion arrangements
- Making Land Registry applications
- Case progression
- To assist where requested the provision of legal advice to clients, under supervision.
- Work as a part of the conveyancing team under the supervision of a Partner of the firm.
- Manage professionally and confidentially, written and telephone correspondence with clients, other solicitors and third parties
- Delegate and supervise tasks where appropriate
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 6 - 12 month's solid experience in assisting/handling residential conveyancing matters.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with some previous experience of drafting and effective management of client expectations.
- Capable of taking direction from senior members of the team and implementing appropriately.
- Willingness to get involved and act as a team player on client matters and provide general departmental support.
- Advanced IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Excellent file management skills and able to work efficiently under pressure.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable; capable of meeting financial targets.
- A personable and confident manner.
- An organised and accurate approach to work, with effective prioritising skills.
- Ideally a Degree in Law/CILEx or previous experience of working in a similar role
- Legal Secretarial experience will be considered
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Olivia at Ashville Knight on or email to .
- Previous relevant experience