Residential Conveyancing Assistant
Kingston Upon Thames
Douglas Scott are currently working with a successful and well-regarded Law Firm in the Kingston area, who due to growth are keen to appoint a Residential Conveyancing Assistant.
My client is ideally looking for candidates with previous experience in a similar role ideally gained within a busy environment who has the ability to come in and hit the ground running.
However to be successful you must be organised, work well under pressure with a good work ethic.
Duties will include:
- Typing - audio and copy typing.
- Filing - both electronic and paper.
- Diary management - liaising with clients/intermediaries to arrange meetings/appointments.
- Contacting clients/intermediaries to obtain relevant information or documentation to assist fee earners to deal with enquiries.
- Building up a rapport with clients and intermediaries.
- Being familiar with the content of any marketing information sent to clients advising them of seminars/events being offered in case enquiries about such come through directly to the department rather than Marketing.
- Monitoring of e-mail inbox for fee earners who are absent from office.
- Assisting with the production of marketing material and seminar notes.
- Production of billing guides and billing report printouts to enable bills to be produced monthly.
- Attendance at team/departmental meetings and (when requested) taking minutes and circulating to attendees
- You will have a professional attitude, excellent communication skills and take pride in your accuracy.
- You need a speed in excess of 65wpm, and ideally have worked as a legal typist
- Strong audio typing and telephony skills
- You must be organised and have great attention to detail.
- You should be organised and pro-active. You should be an accurate and proficient typist with excellent IT skills.
- You will have strong communication skills liaising with clients on the telephone.
This is a brilliant opportunity for all those legal professionals looking for a varied and progressive position with a well established law firm!
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.