Salary £32k-£45K DOE
Bonus plus Fast Track Directorship within a year
A well-established practice in affluent area of Surrey, we are looking for a residential conveyancing solicitor or licensed conveyancer to work with us in Woking. We are happy to consider 1-3 year PQE solicitors and licensed conveyancers. The post is full-time, permanent and salary will be negotiable depending on experience.
You will process and agree contracts, transfers, mortgages and leases and draw up all the documents that sellers and purchasers must sign during a transaction.
You will also advise clients on the technical content of the documents and their financial implications. You may act on behalf of the vendor or the purchaser, and in certain circumstances for both in the same transaction.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- researching information and communicating with clients and others in person, on the phone, by letter or by email;
- using a computerised case management system, as more and more conveyancing tasks are now being done online;
- taking instructions from clients;
- seeking to protect clients' interests always, while taking precautions against potential fraud and money laundering;
- sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements;
- obtaining or checking Land Registry documents or title deeds (if the land is unregistered);
- drafting or checking sales contracts and agreeing terms with the conveyancer acting for the other party to the transaction;
- collating and sending or checking supporting legal and financial documents;
- exchanging contracts and completing the transaction;
- dealing with all financial aspects of a transaction;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Responsible for self-development and comply with relevant training requirements by the Law
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job