Residential/Commercial Property Secretary - 4 years’ experience - London.
Position: Residential/Commercial Property Secretary (4 years’ experience)
Salary: £37,000 - £38,000
- 4x Life Assurance.
- Permanent Health Insurance.
- Medical Insurance.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Auto enrolment in the firm’s Group Personal Pension Scheme (after 1 complete calendar month qualifying period) with firm’s contributions of 5% of salary.
- Interest free season ticket loan after 3 months.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Holidays: 25 days
This is an exciting opportunity for a Residential/Commercial Property Secretary to join a 29-partner firm of solicitors based in offices in London. In total the firm comprises about one hundred and forty people. The firm provides specialist legal services to private and commercial clients. They are very well known for their family and private client work and are widely regarded as one of the very best of the small number of firms in the UK who provide these specialist services at the highest level. They also have an excellent reputation in many other areas of law (rated in both Chambers and Legal 500), including in the company and commercial work.
The strategy of the firm is to grow by selective recruitment of individuals with a proven track record in their area of expertise. The firm is flourishing and has a sound financial base from which to grow in a planned way. The areas in which they specialise have meant they have been relatively unaffected by the recent recession, and the firm has remained extremely profitable and financially secure.
The Property team comprises of 4 Partners, 1 Consultant, 1 Associate and 4 Assistant Solicitors who carry out work for clients ranging from international property companies to home owners ask them to advise on all aspects of property transactions and management. They act for property funds, developers, private investors, lending institutions, charities, landed estates and property professionals.
To provide a competent and efficient support to a new Solicitor, in a very busy Conveyancing Department. Duties will include digital dictation and copy typing, liaising with clients over the phone, conducting land registry searches, opening and closing files, email management and other ad-hoc administration/ secretarial duties as and when required.
- Typing digital dictations.
- Effective file management.
- Carrying out relevant conveyancing searches.
- Managing own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Answering internal telephone calls efficiently and politely.
- Taking messages, as necessary.
- Adhering to all internal methods, systems, policies and procedures.
- Undertaking photocopying when necessary.
- Closing and sending files for archiving promptly.
- Making appointments for clients where required.
- Obtaining client ID and placing on file when appropriate.
- Carrying out billing and ensuring that it is up to date and accurate by the month end.
- Able to organise your own work with minimum supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Computer literate.
- Appropriate time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Delivers work output to the required standard.
- Attention to detail and quality of work.
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships.
- Seen as 'approachable’.
- Operates effectively as part of a team.
- Willing to offer help to other colleagues to ensure efficient running of the department.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job