Residential/Commercial Conveyancer, Heart of London - Are you ready for a new challenge within a fast-paced legal firm who has an outstanding global reputation. If you are looking in the heart of London then do not miss out, act now.
Position: Residential/ Commercial Conveyancer
Location: Heart of London
Salary £: £43,000 - £60,000
Reward Recruitment is partnered with a leading law firm based in the heart of London, who has developed an outstanding global reputation. This firm is known for its professional and friendly culture and client and people centricity. Our client is committed to growth through client delivery and excellent service levels.
As part of an ambitious growth strategy, the firm is currently recruiting talented people to join their passionate team and to provide a first-rate service whilst maintaining an ethical approach.
Key tasks (not an exhaustive list)
- Will be self - producing
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures.
- Ensure proper control of work in progress and billing.
- Be effective in developing new work
- Develop and support marketing initiatives.
- Maintain IT skills appropriate to modern legal practice and use internal case management systems as instructed
- Comply with Solicitors Accounts Rules and Rules of Professional Conduct of solicitors at all times
- Familiar with CQS requirements
- Familiar with all aspects of money laundering legislation and requirements
- Exercise high standards of client care at all times
- Ensure confidentiality and security of company and client’s documentation and information
- Be reliable and willing to work outside normal working hours when necessary.
Casework tasks (not an exhaustive list)
- Drafting letters and legal documents
- Checking title documents to properties
- Liaising directly with other parties with enquiries/replies
- Undertaking searches with Local Authority, Land Registry etc.
- Report to clients regularly with relevant information on their transaction
- Drawing up completion statements
- Agreeing dates for exchange and completion
- Carrying our exchange and completion
- Arranging the transfer of monies on completion
- Carrying out any other duties relevant to the position as and when required
Person Specification Skills
- Keyboard and IT skills
- Numerate, to deal with completion statements
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions
- Ability to draft documents
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to liaise quickly and effectively with brokers and estate agents in commercial and residential transactions.
- Ability to reach costs targets on a regular basis
- Knowledge of dealing with high end Residential property - mainly residential
- Knowledge of Sales and Purchases, both Freehold and Leasehold.
- Knowledge of New-Builds. and Assignments of new build contracts.
- Knowledge of Re-assignment contracts
- In depth knowledge of all aspects relating to Commercial Leasehold and Freehold transactions
- Knowledge of acting for mortgagees in funding transactions including bridging finance and other related matters
- Qualified Solicitor 3 + years PQE
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job