A local housing provider are looking to recruit an Children's Residential Support Worker within their service in Nottingham. The role is permanent and either full or part time hours would be considered.
The post holder will be responsible for providing effective support to children 12-18 who are living in a residential care setting.
* Provide Effective Support to residents aged 10-17
* Maintains positive relationships with the children and work with them to fulfil their potential
* Assessing needs and working with young people to produce individual care plans
* Organise and participate in activities for children / young people
* Communicate effectively with other agencies and professionals and prepare written reports
* Ensures that Young People facing crisis and stresses are supported appropriately
* Attend, with guidance, court proceedings, child protection conferences and panels
* Successfully safeguard young people
The successful candidate for the role of Children's Residential Support Worker will have:
* Previous experience working with young people within a residential social care setting
* Experience of managing and handling conflict
* Able to co-operate with other health professionals, and build and maintain positive relationships at all levels
* Self-motivated and pro-active
* Approachable, dependable, tenacious and confidential
* Excellent communication skills
* Level 3 Children and Young People Workforce Diploma or willingness to obtain within 12 months
* Flexibility to work on a 24 x 7 rota system, lone work and complete sleep-ins
* A genuine passion for working with vulnerable young people
The organisation offers a range of benefits including and not limited to:
* Travel loan scheme
* Gym Membership
* Childcare Vouchers
This role gives the opportunity to gain employment within a reputable organisation within the market. It is perfect for someone with some experience of working with young people. We provide an honest and consultative approach will help our candidates to secure the most suitable position for them. This role gives you an opportunity to work within a national organisation and make a real difference to the lives of others.
If you feel you meet the above criteria please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.