Are you looking for an opportunity to become a Residential Children's Home Deputy Manager?
We have a massive and exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual who is confident and has a desire to make a difference to help young people develop skills to support and fulfil their life’s ambitions, to become a member of our clients team.
You will work with young people aged between 6-18 years of age to provide advice, assistance and support.
My Clients aims of the home are to provide a safe haven in which children and young people can learn appropriate life skills and behaviour, which will help them to live fulfilling lives beyond their time and experience in care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attending and contributing to child care planning and review meetings as appropriate
- Involvement in the recruitment and retention of staff
- Assist the manager in developing a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer staff the opportunity to contribute to decision making
- Ensuring that all new staff receive a proper induction to the Home in line with company policy
- Ensuring that each member of staff has a supervision contract and receives supervision in line with National Minimum Standards
- Ensuring that each member of staff has a personal development plan.
- Attend senior staff and team meetings to facilitate communication and provide opportunities for consultation and staff development
- Reporting and assisting the manager in resolving issues of staff motivation and morale
- Promoting personal and professional development through the appropriate delegation of duties and responsibilities
- NVQ Level 4 - Care/Management or Registered Managers Award. Graduate qualifications may be considered depending on subject areas
- At least 2 years experience working with children and young people within a residential environment, 1 year at a senior level
- Experience of supervising staff
- Knowledge of child development, appreciation of the needs of children and young people, and the effects of separation from next of kin
Salary: £30,000 to £38,000 per annum
Closing date: 21st November 2018
Start Date: ASAP
Contact: Neha Donohoe at Job Paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.
- Child Care
- Residential Care
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'