Job Paths 4 U has an exciting opportunity for a dedicated hard working Residential Support Worker with a caring nature to support vulnerable young people aged 10 - 17 years, who have suffered trauma and loss and can present with challenging behaviours.
You will play a full and effective role as a member of the staff team, providing high-quality assessment and residential care for young people.
Working for a supportive well established company with a competitive salary.
Residential Support Worker Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Attending young people’s meetings and contributing to them
- Receiving training appropriate to role and maintaining an up to date training profile
- Taking responsibility for a small number of young people and ensuring that their needs are fully met
- Establishing relationships which young people perceive to be positive, warm and rewarding
- Providing advice, assistance and support on a 1:1 basis to enable young people to address past and present difficulties
- Providing emotional support at times of difficulty or stress
- Being ambitious for young people, helping them achieve their goals and optimise their potential
- Providing support for young people in their education and extra-curricular activities
- Keeping accurate records and providing written reports on young people for planning meetings, reviews or any other meetings as directed by the line manager
- Empowering young people and facilitating their active involvement in the decision making about their lives and future
- Acting as an advocate at meetings where the young person is the subject of discussion
- Encouraging the young person to develop links with the community, attend off-site activities and expand their personal social network
Requirements for this position are:
- Full driving licence with access to own transport
- Able to work on a shift pattern which includes sleep-ins
- NVQ Level 3 Children & Young Peoples workforce (or equivalent)
- Experience of working within a residential environment
- Experience of working with young people that have social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties
Benefits for this position include:
- Telephone counselling support
- Personal legal and financial information
- Health advice across a range of medical and wellbeing issues
- Access to an online portal for further advice and support
- Discounted on line shopping discounts
- 28 days paid annual leave with the opportunity to accumulate extra leave for length of service
- One month notice for shifts
Contact: Viorica at Job paths 4 U
Closing Date: Friday 25th September 2020
- Child Care
- Young People
- Residential Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'