Residential Childcare Worker - Challenging Behavioural Needs
Up to £19,000
Connect2Staff are currently recruiting for an experienced, permanent Residential Childcare Worker to work within a residential living environment supporting young people who have challenging behaviour. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that invests in its staff and provides excellent, extensive training and development within the role.
- To talk and listen to the young people, and to observe their behaviour and recording significant features, when necessary
- To work alongside the child to help develop a sense of self worth
- To be a able to have fun with the children, but to also be a positive and firm role model
- To be consistent with boundaries in order to create safety and containment for the children
Requirements of a Residential Childcare Worker;
- You will have a minimum of 1 years experience of working with children with challenging behaviour, in a residential environment
- You will be able to communicate effectively
- You will be familiar with all aspects of confidentiality
- Able to work well under pressure and stay calm in emotionally challenging situations
- NVQ in Health & Social care is desirable
- You will need to be flexible as shifts include long days & weekends and sleep nights when required
If you have similar experience please apply immediately.Commercial Services Kent/Trading Ltd is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.