Residential Childcare Worker required for a permanent position within a fantastic group of Ofsted registered children's homes. Excellent salary, a proactive ethos of care centred on a therapeutic approach, supportive environment and opportunities to progress your career within an extremely well established company with an excellent reputation.
Residential Childcare Worker Role: You will support adolescents aged 12-18yrs with emotional and behavioural difficulties to promote their social, educational and emotional development within a residential care environment. You will have the opportunity to form strong professional relationships with the young people and staff and to engage in one to one and group work sessions with the young people. The role encompasses all aspects of working in residential care, including driving duties to school and social events, participating in cleaning and maintenance of the home, cooking and other tasks as directed by senior staff. You will work under the supervision and direction of staff with a keen emphasis on working as a team to help to keep the young people safe and to promote their development.
Residential Childcare Worker Criteria:
- You will have significant experience of working with adolescent children with emotional and behavioural difficulties, ideally within a residential care environment.
- You will be willing and able to work a residential care rota consisting of 5 shifts per week, made up of Early shifts (e.g. 8-3) and Late shifts (e.g. 2.30-10) and including 3 out of 4 weekends (with a 5 day break on the fourth weekend)
- You will drive and be willing to work across the homes as required by the service
- You will be proactive, engaging and have a passion for developing young people from disadvantaged backgrounds
Why apply to be Residential Childcare Worker?
- Excellent salary of approximately £22,000 (inclusive of Sleep Ins) rising after 6mths
- Opportunity to progress to senior, Deputy and management roles
- Work for a well established company with an excellent reputation locally and with Ofsted
- Be a valued member of staff
Please send your CV now and we will be in touch for an initial discussion.
- Residential Homes
- Residential Care
- Senior Residential
- Support Workers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job