Residential Childcare worker- Scarborough
We are a specialist recruitment business which operates solely in the residential childcare sector, sourcing staff for jobs on a permanent basis. We’re working on behalf of one of the largest UK childcare providers, to help source them qualified Residential Childcare Workers to join their EBD home based in Consett.
The residential children’s home works closely with children who have emotional behavioural difficulties. The home works with children with these difficulties between the ages of 11-18 and they aim to provide them the best care possible to ensure they have a good quality of life.
- Make sure that the children’s basic and additional needs are met
- Checking the children are progressing as they should be
- Working on a shift basis. This is 2 24 hour shifts per week. 1 long day shift following by a paid sleep in.
- Assisting and supporting young people on a one to one basis to allow them to discuss past and present issues.
- Assisting young people with day to day challenges and assist in teaching them life skills.
- Flexible hours and shifts, in some cases may need to be on call.
- A level 3 in children and young people workforce desirable however it is not essential. In contrast you must be open to completing this if employment is offered.
- Require at least 1 years’ experience working in a children’s residential home.
- It is imperative that you have a full UK drivers licence and access to your own vehicle.
- MUST be 21 or older.
- Hourly rate is £8-£8.65 per hour depending on current qualifications and past experience.
- £20 per sleep in
If you’re on the look out for a Residential care worker based in the Consett area; please do contact Felix at Dove Resourcing.
Dove Resourcing is a specialist social care recruitment agency working exclusively with care staff seeking permanent jobs in the care sector. We work throughout the UK supplying staff to both adult & children’s care organisations from support workers to registered managers - so if you are considering a move, or if you just want to keep an eye on the market, do get in touch for a confidential conversation.
- Young People
- Residential Care