Job Title: Therapeutic Parent
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £10 p/h (dependent on experience)
Are you dedicated, compassionate, motivated and resilient? Are you warm, caring and supportive?
Monarch are looking to recruit a Residential Support Workers known as a "Therapeutic Parents" for a specialist residential childcare setting based in Cheadle.
About the role:
* Residential Support Worker - "Therapeutic Parent"
* To work closely with Senior Management to ensure the running of the home is to a high standard and deliver the restorative parenting recovery programme.
* To be an assigned key worker or co-key worker to a child.
* To provide warmth and care for our children providing personal care needs, cooking, cleaning, washing, shopping and budgeting pocket monies or by promoting children to carry out tasks themselves.
* To support the child with onsite or mainstream education attendance completing homework and other school related activities.
* To apply positive behavior management strategies/ de-escalation strategies to control the behavior of the children and participate in physical interventions only as a last resort, where required.
* Temp to Perm position
* Competitive rates £10 p/h (dependent on experience)
* 37.5 - 40hrs per week (Sleeping nights will be required)
* Based in Cheadle.
* Be able to build trust with children and offer strategies to help children manage their inner anxieties and manage their feelings and behaviour.
* You will be confident, determined, resilient, approachable, positive and motivated.
* You will be calm, caring and conscientious.
* Be able to identify and set consistent rules and boundaries to modify unacceptable behaviours.
* A desire to pursue a career in the looked after children sector.
* Be committed to a mindful relationship with the children remaining emotionally attuned.
* Commitment, initiative and excellent interpersonal skills is essential.
About the residential care home:
* Residential setting for looked after children aged 4 - 12 years old.
* You will be joining a supportive and welcoming team that is dedicated to creating a stimulating environment and encourages everyone to reach the best of their ability.
* Based in Cheadle.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to:
* Be eligible to work in the U.K (Have a valid Visa).
* Have a good standard of English, Maths and IT
If this sounds like the next step in your career or the perfect role for you then please send your CV along to Amy Collins at or alternatively call .
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all candidates as well as adhering to strict safeguarding procedures. Your application will be subject to 2 educational references and an enhanced DBS check.
- Behavioural Difficulties
- Therapeutic Parent
- Residential Childcare Support Worker
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job