Dove Resourcing is currently working alongside a Bedfordshire based innovative residential childcare provider to find permanent qualified Residential Childcare Practitioners.
This company has developed excellent relationships with relevant local authorities and delivers tailored support which can include therapeutic intervention to young people with complex needs and behavioural difficulties.
The organisation strives to have a significantly positive impact on supporting young people to change their lives and build a better future. The family sized properties offer a secure and safe place for children and young people to live and develop.
There are career progression opportunities within the company. The organisation has a clear progression route for individuals joining the organisation, for seniors you will already have extensive residential child care experience and a level 3 - QCF / NVQ working with children and young people.
The progression routes offered are both financial and come with further training, with access to both specific therapeutic training and further QCF / NVQ’s - there is plenty of scope to progress into more managerial roles.
As a Residential Childcare Practitioner you would:
- Encourage independence and success on an educational level
- Be a positive role model to children and young people
- Ensure a caring environment is maintained
- Have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness and homeliness are maintained.
- Ability to work as a team and use your own initiative
- Support and encourage young people’s independence by assisting with their independent living skills
- Escort and supervise young people during social outings and trips from the placement
- Offer support to other members of staff and lead shifts as and when required.
- Keep updated daily records and ensure sound understanding of each individuals care plan.
- Have an understanding of child development and the impact of abuse
- Be a positive role model for the children, young people and your colleagues
- Our client is seeking experienced residential care staff so it is an essential requirement that you have prior experience working in a children’s home
It is essential that you hold an NVQ / QCF Level 3 working with children and young people or equivalent. It is also essential that you have 2 years’ residential experience.
The staff team works on a monthly rolling rota of 10 shifts per month. Each shift would have the expectation of a sleep in being completed.
Applications are subject to satisfactory DBS and reference checks
Due to the nature of the work it is essential that all applicants have a full UK driving license with access to their own vehicle.
Salary is subject to experience and qualifications - but you can expect to recieve a salary of £23,900 per annum inclusive fo sleep in payments.
These positions are full time permanent job roles and are vacant immediately.
If you're on the lookout for a Residential Childcare Practitioner role working in the Bedfordshire area, please do get in contact with Millie Parker at Dove Resourcing.
Dove Resourcing is a specialist social care recruitment agency working exclusively with care staff seeking permanent jobs in the care sector. We work throughout the UK supplying staff to both adult & children’s care organisations from support workers to registered managers - so if you are considering a move, or if you just want to keep an eye on the market, do get in touch for a confidential conversation.
- Child Development
- Social Care
- Young People
- Residential Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'