RESIDENTIAL CHILDCARE OFFICER - BANBURY
SALARY: £19,500 - £23,000 PER ANNUM INCLUDES SLEEP IN BONUS C £2,000 PER ANNUM PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS!
Are you an active and positive person with experience in supporting children/young people?
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organisation that supports children /young people with social and mental health difficulties. Send your CV today for selection to interview next week!
This high quality provider of residential care for children with social and emotional difficulties is looking for new staff to join their friendly team in the Banbury area. With job opportunities in Ofsted registered homes for boys or girls, you will gain excellent experience in this sector and work in a varied role that will involve sports and other indoor/outdoor pursuits, community activities, trips away, mentoring young people, teaching life skills and educating in a positive and parental way.
- Supporting the children/young people on a daily basis in a positive parenting/mentor role
- Enjoying activities such as sports, outdoor pursuits, cooking, domestic duties - all teach the children skills for life
- Accompanying the children to school, appointments, shopping, cinema, concerts and other trips out
- Ensuring the children are safeguarded at all times
- Recording information effectively and working to each child's care plan
- Reviewing each child's care plan with the management team to ensure best outcomes
- Confidently engaging with children/ young people and appropriately challenging behaviours to promote appropriate boundaries of behaviour
- managing challenging situations and behaviours through clear, calm and effective communication
- Able to work as part of a shift pattern that includes sleep ins and some weekend shifts
- Car driver
My client is an equal opportunities employer. Enhanced DBS and suitable references will be sought prior to start date.
Progress Lane works with a select client group and acts as a recruitment consultancy.
- Young People
- Children Matters
- Car Driver