RESIDENTIAL CHILDCARE OFFICER - SALISBURY
SALARY: c £19,500 - £23,000 PER ANNUM INCLUDES SLEEP IN BONUS C £2,000 PER ANNUM PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS!
SALARY: (C£20,000 - £21,000 per annum plus sleep in bonus c £2,000 per annum relates to QCF /NVQ level 3 CYP qualified applicants who will be considered for Shift Leader)
Would you like to work for a social enterprise ? Are you into activities such as sports, media, music , outdoor pursuits and other indoor/outdoor activities? This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organisation in the residential child care sector - send your CV today for selection to interview next week!
This high quality provider of residential care for children with social and emotional difficulties is looking for new staff to join their friendly team in the Salisbury area. With job opportunities in Ofsted registered homes for boys or girls, you will gain excellent experience in this sector and work in a varied role that will involve sports and other indoor/outdoor pursuits, community activities, trips away, mentoring young people, teaching life skills and educating in a positive and parental way.
The children have all experienced hardship in life and are now 'looked after'. Due to their life experiences they can present challenging behaviours. You will be trained to support the children to a very high standard to help prevent the feelings that cause these behaviours from presenting themselves. If you are interested in sports, psychology, youth work, education, mentoring or social care for children and young people, this could be a fantastic career path for you!
- Supporting the children/young people on a daily basis in a positive parenting/mentor role
- Enjoying activities such as sports, outdoor pursuits, cooking, domestic duties - all teach the children skills for life
- Accompanying the children to school, appointments, shopping, cinema, concerts and other trips out
- Ensuring the children are safeguarded at all times
- Recording information effectively and working to each child's care plan
- Reviewing each child's care plan with the management team to ensure best outcomes
- Confidently engaging with children/ young people and appropriately challenging behaviours to promote appropriate boundaries of behaviour
- managing challenging situations and behaviours through clear, calm and effective communication
- Able to work as part of a shift pattern that includes sleep ins and some weekend shifts
- Car driver
My client is an equal opportunities employer. Enhanced DBS and suitable references will be sought prior to start date.
Progress Lane works with a select client group and acts as a recruitment consultancy. Shift leader/Team Leader and Deputy Manager job available too!
- Young People
- Children Matters
- Car Driver
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job