I am working on behalf of a local Care provider. They are looking for Child Care Support Workers to work in a Residential environment. People with experience in a similar environment, who have worked with children with EBD, Autism and Learning Disabilities.
Job Title: Residential Child Care Support Worker
Purpose Of Job: To be part of a team offering a comprehensive residential service to child and young people, the aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional care, and development of the young residents.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The Company offers a caring, supportive residential environment for the young people. They have over 13 years' experience in high quality childcare supporting children from 10 to 18 years old, with their focus centered on the needs of the child.
The welfare of their young people is paramount in the role of a Residential Child Care Support Worker. Not only do they keep the young people safe, but as the daily care provider they also make a fundamental contribution to their care, learning and development.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work to implement young people's care plans to enable them to achieve positive outcomes.
- Be a positive role model, nurture and care for all young people in the Home.
- Promote health and development young people as appropriate to their needs
- Maintain a positive and informed response to young people and their behaviour.
- Provide and participate in leisure activities with young people in line with their care plans.
- Support young people with education in a non-teaching capacity.
- Comply with and promote a therapeutic approach based on theory on trauma, attachment and restorative principles.
Home and Organisation
- Promote a positive culture within the home and a homely environment.
- Maintain structure, boundaries and domestic routines within the home.
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of the home, young people and yourself
- Work in accordance with the National Minimum Care Standards for Children's homes and co-operate with any inspection process.
- Carry out duties in line with the Company's policies and procedures.
Partnership & Team Work
- Develop and maintain appropriate working relationships with families.
- Work in partnership with colleagues and other professional to meet the social, emotional, education, health and mental health needs of young people.
- Participate in, and complete reports for, Statutory Reviews and meetings concerning the young people
- Attend and participate in supervision and staff meetings as required
- Undertake relevant mandatory training in Essential, Core and Advanced subjects.
- Undertake and attain a minimum professional qualification: Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care, Children & Young People pathway, as required by Children's Regulations 2014.
The above job description forms part of your main terms and conditions of employment, although does not include or define all tasks. The Company reserves the right to vary duties and responsibilities at anytime.
Salary: £9.06-10.64 per hour
Working Hours: Holiday & Sickness cover
Duration (if temp): Temporary
- Health Care
- Personal Care
- Social Care