Residential Child Care Manager required for a well established Children's Service in Cupar, Fife
Superb progression opportunities, along with pension, training, benefits and more
Come and work with our amazing Young People and support them to lead their lives to the full
Up to £34,000 per annum depending on experience
Are you friendly, person centred and compassionate? Do you have a positive and caring approach and are looking to excel within a new challenge? Would you like to join a company offering free training, personal career progression, an excellent benefits package and variety? Then look no further!
At ACAD, part of the Caretech group, we believe that all children and young people should have a range of opportunities open to them, whatever their circumstances, to enable them to achieve their goals and to grow and develop through a safe, supportive, educational and nurturing environment. We work with young people aged 8 to 18yrs with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, complex needs such as autistic spectrum disorder, learning difficulties and problematic sexualised behaviour.
Due to expansion, we are seeing candidates with a Social Work Degree or a Leadership Management award to hit the ground running within this well-established Children's Service in Cupar, Fife. You must have experience working with young people with EBD and have the compassion to succeed within a challenging environment. The Manager will need to register with SSSC or be in the process of achieving this, and have experience of managing staff teams in a residential care setting. As Residential Child Care Manager, you will be self-motivated and keen to hit the ground running from day one, overseeing the work of the Residential Childcare Practitioners, Team Leaders and Deputy Manager within the home.
Young people at ACAD are afforded high levels of care, they thrive in an environment where carers use their skills to promote positive affirmation, celebrate educational & social achievements and provide the therapeutic expertise & support to effect positive change. In return for your hard work, we will provide you with on-going training opportunities, in tandem with good rates of pay and a benefits package. We have over 250 Services as far North as Inverness and as far South as Kent, and all areas in between. We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic and person-centred individuals who share the same passion for care as we do!
Our Young People have varied likes and interests, whether this be painting, cooking, music or going to the cinema; sometimes they need support and this is where you come in to help them live fulfilling and independent lives.
Responsibilities of the Manager will include:
• To deliver a high level of quality support to the Young People and staff team
• To promote positive and personalised outcomes of children and young people
• To be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and reviews of the practices and systems in the home, to ensure that they meet and exceed the requirements of the service
• To recruit, manage, retain and train staff both individually and as team members
• Attend and contribute to monthly management meetings
In tandem with the above, you will be flexible to undertake on-call duties, you will have experience of managing budgets and have well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
• We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
• We provide superb FREE training to achieve qualifications in Social Care
• We have a proven progression path - most of those who started as Support Workers are now Residential Managers
• We offer competitive rates of pay, along with an impressive benefits package including an employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, special retail discount vouchers, stakeholder pension scheme
• We offer apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to get into the sector
If you are caring, compassionate and a good communicator and would like to commit to the first stage of the process, get in touch today!
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion, however we have other services you may be suitable for in surrounding areas for the roles below: Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, Deputy Managers, Healthcare Assistants, and Residential Managers.
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced PVG check, prior to starting with us.
- Social Care
- Young People
- Residential Care