Children's Residential Home, Chelmsford Area
Main Purpose of Job: My client is looking for experienced Residential Care Workers who have worked with children in care and challenging behaviour to cover a number of weekly shifts that cannot be covered by their regular staff. Please note that shifts will mainly be either 07.30am-9.30pm or 2.30-9.30pm. Times can be flexible to work around your regular job if you already have one.
- To assist in the day to day management of the home and to safeguard and promote the welfare of all young people
- To assist in working with the children on day to day matters and being a mentor.
- To help represent the home`s mission, vision and values at the highest levels and provide best possible outcomes for all children
- To ensure full compliance with all regulatory bodies, including: Ofsted, Fire Authority, Health and Safety Executive and Environmental Health
- To work as an integral member of a team.
- To work varying shifts, which include early morning and late evenings. May be required at times to work weekends and bank holidays.
- Sleeping in duties may also be required for which an additional payment is made.
- Observe Equal Opportunity and confidentiality policies of the home.
- Children's residential home for kids in care. Most children having Autism, ADHD & behavioural problems.
Previous experience either as a RCW ideally within a children's residential home working with young people within care as well as a good knowledge of the children's home regulations and the quality standards, childcare qualifications would benefit but not essential.
Driver with a clean license.
Up to date DBS valid within the last year or be on the update service.
If you have the relevant experience and are looking for a new career, please apply today.