The following job is no longer available:
Residentail Assistant Manager
Residentail Assistant Manager
This post involves responsibility for a home which is part of a larger establishment in the absence of the Registered Manager of that home/unit as well as supporting the Registered Manager in the day to day running of the home/unit.The role is about ensuring that high standards are maintained in the context of staffing, delegated budgets, the resources, fabric of the buildings and the health and welfare of young people, to ensure conformity with Quality standards, Ofsted regulations, Cambian policies and the homes risk assessments. The emphasis is upon effective management of a number of care staff, which involves motivating, coaching, managing performance via supervision/appraisal and appraising the quality of care that staff provide to the young people. This role is critical in ensuring that the Essential Standards of quality and safety are exceeded. It also provides the opportunity to develop and improve
practice. Important qualities of this role include an understanding of what ‘good care’ looks like, being an excellent role model, conducting yourself in a professional manner and being able to relate to staff in a supportive and motivational manner. The process of managing and running the home will be open and transparent, respecting the privacy and dignity of young people supporting them in their day to day decisions with respect to the care they are to receive, taking into account their wishes and feelings where appropriate.
Daily duties shall include
- To provide leadership, guidance and management, communicating a clear sense of direction which staff understand and are able to relate to in the aims and purposes of the home.
- To ensure that all staff for whom you are responsible are putting policy into practice and are either performing to expected standards or, that you are/have been actively addressing the issues effectively.
- To ensure that good quality working relationships are built and maintained between young people and staff at all levels and that withdrawal from these relationships is done appropriately.
- To promote the equality, diversity, rights and responsibility of staff and young peoples at all times in accordance with statutory requirements and the Groups policy and procedure and ensure that there is no discrimination on grounds of race, gender, age, disability or cultural preference.
- To be responsible for ensuring that each young peoples’ specific needs are met, such as, Medical and dental attention, Medication, Personal hygiene, Dietary requirements, Religious observance, Culturally significant activities
- To advise, as required, on professional matters within the area of competence for the post.
- To maintain and develop own professional knowledge, skills and competence through training, reading and other such activities and to incorporate the same into practice.
- Knowledge of good management practice including relevant aspects of employment issues and legislation, health and safety and anti-discriminatio
- Knowledge of mental health and/or special needs including recent developments and person-centred planning
- Knowledge of the relevant National Care Standards, relevant statutory regulations and how they apply within the working practice
- Knowledge of QCF - the assessment process
- Knowledge of recognised positive approach to working with challenging behaviours associated with learning difficulties (e.g. MVA)
- Knowledge of vulnerable people/adult safeguarding procedure
- At least 2 years significant management/supervisory experience in a care setting within the past 5 years at a standard assessed as ‘competent’ in all aspects of the job.
- Proven experience, at least 4 years, of working effectively with people with learning disabilities and/or special needs.
- QCF Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent qualification in children’s care
- Clean, current driving licence
In return you can expect the following benefits:
- Constant training and development
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Employee Discount Scheme
- DBS paid
- Free parking…….and many many more.
We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it. Join us, and we’ll show the same commitment to helping you achieve your personal best in your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"