We are currently looking for an experienced Resident Support Worker (Care Assistant) to deliver care and support to residents at our St Crispin Retirement Village in Northampton. Depending on your QCF qualification or equivalent you will be rewarded with £8.01 to £8.54 per hour. We have the following contracts available:
Day hour contracts:
2 x 17 hours per week
2 x 24.5 hours per week
32.5 hours per week
Night hour contracts:
2 x 20 hours per week
30 hours per week
As our Resident Support Worker (Care Assistant) you will help deliver care and support to our residents within the village in a manner that provides them with opportunities to use their abilities and enhance their quality of life that maintains their independence and privacy.
The duties and responsibilities of a Resident Support Worker (Care Assistant) include:
- Promote the physical, emotional and well being of our residents in all aspects of personal care for example dressing, washing, bathing, mobility assistance where necessary.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules as agreed with the resident in receipt of care or private customers.
- Administer medication.
- Completing and working to care plans and completing daily paperwork.
- Moving and handling residents.
- Be involved in providing a personalised housing related support service to older people with an assessed need which will help them to remain as independent as possible.
- Escorting residents, where it is identified in their Care Plan, to and from appointments in the Village, e.g. wellbeing, activities and entertainment, or to the entrance of the Village for external appointments
- Complete all statutory and mandatory training required to carry out this post, as defined by ExtraCare.
- To be conversant and compliant with all ExtraCare’s Policies and Procedures.
- Plus any other duties required.
To become a Resident Support Worker (Care Assistant), it is desirable that you have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant experience gained in a similar role (Care Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker)
- Preferably qualified at NVQ Level 2 or QCF Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Hardworking, friendly, a good team player and flexible
This role will be subject to satisfactory DBS check, written references and Home Office right to work clearance.
ExtraCare is a registered charity established in 1988 and based in Coventry. Our vision is better lives for older people and our mission is creating sustainable communities that provide homes older people want, lifestyles they can enjoy and care if it’s needed. To deliver our vision and mission we essentially do three things:
· We develop new villages
· We operate villages and schemes
· We support our villages, schemes and our ‘extra-care’ model through fundraising, advocacy and research
Each village or scheme has 5 to 18 social, health and leisure facilities that are accessible to our residents, volunteers and local people representing all age groups living in surrounding communities. Our Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living at our each of our locations.
On top of a competitive salary other great benefits include: 5.6 weeks annual leave, pension scheme, employee assistant programme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work and attendance vouchers.
If you have an enthusiastic and can do attitude and want to make a difference to people lives then please apply for the role of Resident Support Worker (Care Assistant) today.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job