Resident Medical Officer Bank
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill has a vacancy for a Resident Medical Officer to join their team of staff in the Intensive Care department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Bank work 12 hour shifts day or night.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- MBBS and FRCA
- Valid registration with the GMC
- Advanced life support training and PALS
- Competent in airway management and line insertion
- Intensive care experience within the NHS desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide 24 hour on site resident anaesthetic support for the intensive care unit.
- To provide urgent and immediate clinical support for patients in response to verbal or written requests by admitting Consultants and or Registered nursing staff.
- To be available at all times during the duty periods within the hospital and manage all emergencies on behalf of the consultants and communicate any problems as appropriate
- To document all changes in conditions in the inpatient notes as necessary.
- Admission and discharge summaries in the notes, and review in the notes for each 12-hour shift.
- To complete any incident forms as necessary, in the event of any Clinical/Non Clinical incident related to patients.
- Where an admission is unplanned or an emergency to instigate any urgent medical interventions on the personal request of the admitting consultant.
- To act as team leader in a cardiac arrest situation.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"