EB5042 Resident Engineer
Salary: £26,000 to £29,000 DOE
Location: Basildon, Essex
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday – 8 hours per day. Shift pattern dependent upon Customer
Benefits: A company van and fuel card are provided with the option for private use,
25 Days Holiday, Company Pension
This Resident Engineer will be required to carry out service and repairs to equipment on customer sites in a safe, professional and cost effective manner, maintaining documentation of all works carried out in line with Health and Safety and Quality procedures. The Resident Engineer role will involve working to a planned schedule of service and maintenance jobs at our client’s premises. As well as on site work, there may occasionally be requirements to work off site also.
The Resident Engineer is required to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the Fork Lift Industry, but this is not essential. This Resident Engineer will need to have an extensive knowledge of mechanical & electrical engineering combined with an understanding of hydraulics.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- To ensure site stock is monitored / counted, and sufficient for the day to day maintenance of the fleet.
- To carry out inspections and monitor the safety of the repaired and maintained trucks.
- To accurately complete job sheets, timesheets and purchase requisition and parts paperwork within the required timescales.
- To take responsibility for all equipment and tooling (including van/laptop/printer etc.) and ensure that it is in a safe condition for the type of work being undertaken.
- To work to strict planned schedules and deadlines.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence.
- Proficient in fault finding and repair.
- Educated with an ability to achieve a grade C in English and maths at GCSE.
- Experience of Health & Safety requirements working in a workshop practice.
- Commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
- Excellent organisational skills, resourceful and solution driven.
- A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritising workloads to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Clear communication skills – oral and written.
- Consultation and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility to cope with diverse needs of the post.
- Highly motivated and possessing a resilience to work under pressure.
- Positive, personable and optimistic with a can do attitude.
- Recent and relevant experience (minimum of 5 years) of working in the forklift truck service environment.
- Engineering qualification.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job