Are you a graduate in Land Surveying with experience in a Surveying role? Are you or do you want to become a Chartered Surveyor? Do you want to be doing work that makes a difference?
We are currently looking for a Reservoir Surveyor to join our field team, covering the Severn Trent and Hafren Dyfrdwy area. This role is essential to support the Dams and Reservoirs Team by providing high quality deformation monitoring and reporting on the full range of asset performance.
In order to achieve this, you will carry out high quality deformation monitoring surveys and surveillance inspections, undertake routine monitoring and surveillance inspections on statutory and non-statuary reservoirs/critical asset sites. A key part of your role is to identify and resolve anomalies, raising potential reservoir and other safety matters.
You will also carry out the Quality Assurance procedures and provide an audit trail for data on all deformation monitoring sites, investigate the adaption of new technologies to improve monitoring and provide surveying support to the Severn Trent's capital projects and the wider business when required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate in Land Surveying (or equivalent) who has worked in a surveying role, wants to become chartered and get involved with some really exciting work where you'll make a real difference.
As a Reservoir Surveyor your key skills and competencies will include:
* A degree in Land Surveying or similar
* Solid working knowledge of industry tools such as: Leica Digital Levels, Robotic Total stations and GNSS.
* Strong skills working with industry standard software: AutoCAD, SCC, Star*Net, LSS and Leica Infinity.
* Experience of Deformation Monitoring
* Experience of Topographical Surveying
* High Quality and Disciplined approach to surveying, data processing and outputs.
* Good knowledge of industry standards/ guidance notes.
* Good stakeholder management skills
* This person needs to "hit the ground running" so experience in a surveying role is necessary
Desirable skills and competencies will include:
* Experience in laser scanning and BIM
* Experience of monitoring data software; Leica GeoMos, Trimble 4D Control
* Knowledge of Geotechnical Monitoring techniques
* Experience in Hydrographic/ Bathometric surveys
Severn Trent benefits include:
* Up to £31,000 + company car
* Flexibility of home working when not on-site
* Double pension contribution up to 15%
* 28 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
* Full range of Flexible benefits such as: SMART water - save money on your bills, private medical insurance, Dental Insurance, Sharesave + more
Who are we?
We're a FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1million people across the Midlands and into north and mid-Wales. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to be building a lasting water legacy.
Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. And we'll achieve that by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving operational excellence and continuous innovation, investing responsibly for sustainable growth, changing the market for the better and creating an awesome place to work.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'