Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of 5 Reserve Constables to join City of London Police on a contractual basis.
To act as an attested reserve constable and enforce the byelaws, regulations and criminal legislation relating to the use of Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queens Park Kilburn when required to do so. The force requires 5 seasonal staff to work as required when they give their monthly availability on a rotational basis to cover sickness and annual leave and at busy times of year as required.
- To provide a uniformed presence on Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queens Park Kilburn and respond to incidents on foot or by vehicle, as required by the Constabulary Sergeant or Constabulary Manager.
- To be responsible for creating, maintaining and enhancing a safe and pleasant environment for the public, through productive working relationships with other team members, managers and external stakeholders, including the Metropolitan Police Service.
- Contribute to planning, implementing and reviewing work activities to achieve agreed objectives of Hampstead Heath Constabulary and Divisional team.
- To prepare written reports notes and statements for evidential purposes complying with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- To be fully conversant with procedures laid down in the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and codes of conduct therein.
- To be responsible for making independent decisions on whether to enforce byelaws, statutory law and common law pertaining to Hampstead Heath.
- Ensure people's safety in the use of the Heath, through appreciating, understanding and taking appropriate action in response to identified safety concerns.
- Full UK (or acceptable equivalent) driving licence.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office suite, able to use other corporate IT systems (training provided).
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports on incidents and occurrences with good literacy.
- Must be prepared to work unsociable hours and weekends as required and may be given short notice request to work dependant on availability
- Experience of enforcing statutory law, common law, byelaws and regulations
- Experience of working in an enforcement /community engagement sector, with emphasis on open spaces, regulation and events.
- Knowledge of first aid and relevant certificate held or to be obtained.
Location: Hampstead Heath Constabulary, N6
Pay Rate: £15.15 Per Hour PAYE - £17.28 Per Hour UMBRELLA
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'