The Reservations Coordinator is responsible for handling reservations, inquiries and cancellations in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue according to hotel standards. This position must also be able to answer questions and provide information about hotel resources.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities, hours of operation, and local area & attractions.
- Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Up sell rooms when possible.
- Enter reservations into the computer according to standard operating procedures.
- Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department concerning group bookings.
- Maintain availability calendar and communicate all relevant information to the operations staff.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Handle all special reservations, to include V.I.P. reservations, packages and discounts.
- Book and block rooms using hotel standards for Group Rooming Lists and Booking Agreements.
- Act as the primary liaison between the guest and the hotel.
- Post no-show revenue daily, if required at property.
- Process travel agent checks, if required at property.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent and assist at front desk as needed.
- Communicate availability to wholesalers.
- Call for occupancy at area hotels.
- File reservations and group contracts.
- Review Reservations logbook and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Send confirmations.
- Process advance deposit/balance sheet.
- Process brochure requests.
- Research travel agent commissions.
- Perform other assignments as requested.
- Job requirements
- Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Excellent phone skills needed.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Strong computer skills necessary.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must have attention to detail, be able to multi-task, must have experience handling customer service issues and be a team player.
Flexible and long hours sometimes required. Light work, receiving and recording deliveries.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanour at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs
- Be fluent on all hotel products and services
- Handle faxes and emails pertaining to rooms reservations and general hotel inquiries.
- Communicate with the Front Desk on any special offers, special requests, etc.
- Enter Group Rooming Lists.
- Assist with Daily Revenue Pick-up reports.
- Handle customer queries and complaints relating to Rooms Reservations
- Maintain organization of Back Office, sort mail, order supplies, etc.
- Support the GM with special projects as required