Due to maternity leave, our client is looking for a sale driven, enthusiastic Reservations Consultant to work within their call centre. The Reservations Consultant will be located within the busy Passenger Sales department working within a team of 15 other telesales staff and a further 17 administrative staff,
Each Telesales Reservations Consultant will report directly to the Reservations Supervisor and subsequently to the Head of Passenger Sales who oversees the Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To maintain a high-quality telephone sales service to direct passengers, Travel Agents and Tour Operators.
- To answer our client’s phone promptly & clearly at all times.
- To accurately input all data given by passengers at the time of making their booking and ensuring it is complete before finishing the call.
- Whilst most callers do have a specific grade of accommodation that they may wish to book, try to up-sell to a higher grade of accommodation, so working to a tight sales conversion.
- To maintain and deliver a high level of customer service to callers at all times.
- To try and sell ancillary products and additional cruise add-ons to customers.
- To be a team player and also be able to work on your own initiative.
- To be able to work on a shift rota as the office opening hours are based on a 6 day working week with cover also required in the evenings.
- To achieve monthly sales targets and conversion rates.
- Hold a full clean driving licence as you may be required to attend cruise Embarkations when the passengers join the vessel for their holiday or company sales days where you may be required to assist.
- To be able to fly to some ports where we carry out as some embarkations and the occasional overnight in a hotel beforehand maybe required.
- To be well groomed and dressed in the work place.
- To have a happy, enthusiastic and organised approach to your work, which can be demanding, but rewarding, during peak periods of the season.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs, however the Reservations department operates from 09.00 to 20.00hrs Monday to Thursday, 09.00 to 18.00hrs on Friday and 09.00 to 17.00hrs on Saturday.
The Reservations Consultant will therefore work eight and a half hours a day (including one hour for lunch) for five days out of the six in accordance with the rota prepared by the Passenger Manager. Within the rota the Reservations Consultant will be required to work every other Saturday, with a day off in the week accordingly.
The standard shifts patterns for Reservations Consultants are:
- 09.00 to 17.00hrs
- 10.00 to 18.00hrs
- 12.00 to 20.00hrs
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
A workplace pension scheme - following three months of continuous service.
Concessionary travel with Our Client - following six months of continuous service.
Staff discounts on selected travel products.
Our Client Summary
Our Client is a progressive company who encourage organic career development and enjoy a low turnover of staff. This position offers a good career opportunity for an ambitious and creative individual to join a largely non-corporate, medium sized and privately owned organisation. Unlike many other UK based cruise operators, Our Client’s UK office is not just a sales operation but a fully-fledged and 'hands on’ cruise line closely aligned to both the product and customer.
Our Client also have established sales offices in Australia, USA and Germany and are estimated to carry 120,000 ocean and river cruise passenger in 2017. In addition to the core cruising business, the Company also have other travel and leisure related interests within the group. These include a long-established coach wholesaling business, a high street travel agency and business travel house with an overall shore side team of 25 staff.
This contract postion will begin on 1st March 2018.
Renato Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this full time contract role.
- Customer Service