Reservation Systems Administrator
Ensure stability, operation and quality of the IT systems infrastructures and applications supporting the Reservation Systems to ensure these systems are available where and when required.
• Ensure technical solutions are implemented in respect of deadlines set by business constraints and in accordance with the Company’s strategy and security policies.
• Participate in the strategy and definition of IT systems resources required by the Company’s applications.
• Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Monitor all IT systems infrastructures and plan ongoing developments in conjunction with service providers.
• Diagnose and resolve problems using systems administration and performance monitoring software tools.
• Communicate and work in close collaboration with other teams within the DSI.
• Ensure documentation for system policies, technical specifications and operating procedures are maintained and updated.
• Manage operational relationships with IT systems service providers
• Provide second level support for system issues raised by the service desk.
• Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability
• Provide 24/7 support out of office hours on a rota basis with other members of the Reservations systems team.
Skills and Attributes
Proven experience in IT systems administration and operational procedures.
• Good time management and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to react calmly to situations in a time critical environment and work out a course of action to resolve problems.
• Ability to communicate across all levels within the Company, third-party clients & external suppliers. French language skills are an advantage.
• Learn from past experience to increase knowledge and skills.
• Have a positive and constructive outlook on current and potential problems.
• High analytical ability.
Essential - Good working knowledge of IT systems infrastructures:
• Linux Operating systems (RHEL, CentOS, Debian, ...)
• Relational Database (SAP/Sybase ASE, MSSQL, ...)
• Web architectures (Apache, Tomcat, Web services, ELK stack, ...)
• Bash, Perl scripts, TSQL
• Full driving license
• Valid Passport / International Travel documents
Knowledge and Qualifications
Desirable - Experience of any of the following would be an advantage:
• Microsoft Operating systems (Windows Server 2008-2019)
• Monitoring and scheduling tools (Nagios, OpsView, Centreon, Jira)
• Networks and IT security
• Knowledge of DOC1 Application (Document Composition Software)
• DevOps approach (continuous delivery)
• Cloud technologies (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, VMware, ...)
• Automation of infrastructure services on AWS & GCP is preferred (Terraform, CloudFormation, ...)
• Implementation of automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines - Gitlab, Docker, Ansible, ...)
On occasions it may be necessary to visit other sites or ships, in UK, France, Spain and Ireland.
On occasions, often at short notice, working outside the standard office hours of Monday-Friday, 09:00 - 17:30.
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Infrastructure Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'