Third Bridge Intelligence is a leading primary research firm catering to the world’s largest hedge funds and institutional investors. We track topline trends of up to 150 listed companies, in order to discover inflection points before anyone else.
We speak to thousands of retailers and distributors, continually monitoring what they observe in their respective industries. Their collective views on volume, pricing and relative market share allow us to identify company performance trends and market developments early on.
We are continuously distilling these insights into reports, which we publish as soon as we have an update. Our clients can then immediately use the information to develop investment theses and trading ideas.
We are looking for a full time Researcher, ideally with previous experience working with US companies/customers, to research on the US market as part of the Intelligence Fieldwork team on a permanent basis. Your responsibilities will be to support the project management team with fieldwork execution through conducting company and sector specific primary research. You will work alongside research teams covering all major regions around the world in a very multinational office environment.
You will be responsible for supporting the execution of projects across industries in the US market and take the lead on new project pilots. As well as individual research execution, you will be expected to work with the wider telephone research team (who typically work on a part-time / casual working basis) and provide them with ongoing direction, coaching and feedback in order to improve the overall output of fieldwork projects in your area of responsibility.
Full time, permanent contract.
The main responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead telephone interviewing on the most challenging projects and conduct pilot calls on new projects.
- Navigate gatekeepers and negotiate pushbacks to reach the best possible person who is able to address our questions.
- Convince respondents to participate in a telephone interview
- Engage in a knowledgeable discussion with respondents in a professional and personable manner in order to ensure respondents are happy to be re-contacted in the future.
- Guide respondents through a set of quantitative and qualitative questions.
- Ensure high standards of data entry on projects.
- Translate answers from respondents’ language to English when required, capturing detail, meaning and context.
- Assist project managers in the set-up of projects, including identifying and organising suitable contacts and setting up questionnaires.
- Liaise both proactively and reactively with the report writing team to pre-empt project queries and ensure effective project execution.
Coaching and Feedback
- Assist project managers in briefing, training and troubleshooting for Temporary Telephone Researchers, ensuring that they understand the project objectives and operating systems.
- Assist project managers in quality controlling interviews.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail, and takes a deep pride in the quality of their work.
- Can be relied upon to effectively organise and balance workload to complete tasks efficiently with minimal errors.
- Self-motivated individual with a proactive attitude and a passion for research.
- Ability to work out problems independently and also to raise concerns with project management as soon as they arise to ensure minimum impact on fieldwork progress.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Excel and Word).
- Fluency in English.
- Experience of working with US companies/customers is desirable.
- The successful candidate must, by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills