We are seeking a pro-active research assistant to design education and public engagement material for a new museum display. The post will focus on designing the handouts and educational resources for two activities: an activity pack for families, schools and informal groups to focus their visit and to engage with the objects on display, to foster active learning through a question trail based around the exhibit; and a workshop for Key Stages 3 and 4, Post 16, Post 18 which will introduce students the work of the under an instructor's guidance. The activity packs and lesson plans will also be downloadable from the museum website.
The post-holder will be expected to:
- Aid the Human Evolution Gallery project team in the preparation of activity resources related to the gallery.
- Liaise with the World Museum on the design and format of the education packs.
- Work with the members of the team on the content of the activities.
- Maintain a central digital store of all generated designs for the project.
- Undertake any additional duties, commensurate with the grade, as deemed necessary by the project management team.
- Show a commitment to the client's values and regulations, including Equal Opportunities Policy.
The candidate should have the following essential skills:
Quailifcations- HNC or HND in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification OR Proven track record of substantial relevant experience.
Experience- Experience preparing and designing educational resources for a variety of audiences.
Expertise- Use of suitable graphic design and publication software to prepare printed materials.
Personal Attributes- Excellent written English language skills, excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels, good organisational and presentation skills and self-motivated/driven.
- Educational Resource Design-Research Support Assistant