The following job is no longer available:
Research Scientist Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct experiments based around innovative solutions
- Carry out initial phase research in support of key Stakeholders and Customer requirements, ensuring information is compiled into handover document for a project leader to develop
- Provide cost, technical and feasibility analysis data in support of commercial business case
- Record and analyse data.
- Work with the Group Product Managers, as stakeholders, to facilitate the initial phase research of a new product or service
- Write research papers, reports, reviews and summaries
- Supervise junior staff, including placement students and new graduates
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
- Develop ways to enhance existing products
- Undertake testing associated with research and development activities
- Work with external parties, such as technology providers, universities
- Maintain full, accurate and retrievable records of research
- Lead investigative research of new products and services
Research Scientist Requirements:
- Scientific qualifications / experience preferred, but not essential (an undergraduate degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology or related subjects would be most appropriate)
- Good IT skills in the use of Microsoft office products
- Full UK/EU Driving Licence
- Maintain a professional approach at all times
- Personal drive and self-motivation
- Project management and ownership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good planning and recording skills
Training and support will be provided, and the ideal candidate must be willing to attend courses/sessions as and when offered, in order to continue development of people management skills and operational efficiency working practices.
Micronclean is a family-owned business based in Lincolnshire employing over 400 people. The company provides products and services to various industries. Current focus areas include rental of specialist workwear to cleanroom industries (pharmaceutical, medical devices, aerospace), and of protective workwear to manufacturing industries (engineering, automotive).
The company also manufactures and distributes a range of cleanroom products, which it sells in the UK and exports throughout Europe and further afield, including India, Australia and Canada. The company has an ambitious vision for growth both in the UK and abroad and is currently setting up its first factory outside of the UK in Bangalore, India.
Location: Holly Road - Skegness, Lincolnshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 5.00pm (with half an hour unpaid lunch break)
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependant on skills and experience)
Benefits: Profit Related Pay (PRP) scheme, company sick pay scheme, mental health & wellbeing support & programmes, employee recognition initiatives, training and development opportunities, loyalty holidays, annual family fun days, salary extras scheme.
You may have experience of the following: Research Scientist, Research Assistant, Research Fellow, Research Fellowship, Research Associate, PhD Graduate, MSc Graduate, Development Scientist, Scientist, Product Development, Chemistry, Biology, etc.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'