On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated Research Scientist, who will be focusing on Process Engineering and Automation. The ideal candidate will be experienced in biological sciences and have demonstrated experience in process development or optimization, including the advanced use of liquid handling and related laboratory automation.
- An undergraduate degree in a biological sciences or engineering discipline
- Minimum of 2/3 years of relevant experience in either pharmaceutical or biotechnology disciplines
- Experience writing scripts utilising commonly deployed lab automation software in a molecular biology and drug discovery environment
- General knowledge of drug/biologic discovery processes and/or liquid handling procedures
- Excellent IT skills, with proven ability to record methods and programming SOPs
- Meticulous scientific technique and attention to detail.
- General knowledge of display technologies and/or DNA library synthesis techniques
- Programming or database design and strong IT capabilities beyond basic automation scripting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engaging directly with vendors to maintain and upgrade existing systems or test and implement new systems
- Developing, optimising, and automating processes, and being the main point of contact for trained users
- Understanding the needs and processes of the other research scientists, and communicating solutions effectively.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
- Drug Discovery
- Process Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job